Tuesday, March 14, 2017

London Wanderings - Battersea / local area

22 July 2016, Jeantine at work, Barb wanting to rest up, and so I went for a wander on my own. First to the nearby coffee shop Doppio at 336 Battersea Park Rd
The receipt shows a purchase of £6.20 at 10:07 and the photo shows as 10:15. Doppio Coffee appears to be supplier of their own roast and also sell equipment and run training courses. The cabinet food is minimal, basically just some pastries but the coffee is excellent apart from the temperature. Another time, when I asked if I could have it a little hotter, at 65 Celsius, I was told they judge the heat from just holding the milk jug in their hand and don't use a thermometer. So I got another cup made but it was not any hotter, so I didn't gain in my quest for a hotter cup of coffee. After my coffee break I continued on Battersea Park Road, and under the very noisy steel rail bridge just out of Clapham Junction. Boy those trains are so loud when they roll (frequently) overhead.
Around on Saint John's Road, I was intrigued by how the buses had to maneuver in tight spaces, in this case to get around truck involved in deliveries to a construction site. Note the red truck in the video now has a fork hoist attached at the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment